Bilateral relations between Belgium and China
Based on the Belgian custom figures for the three first months of 1999, Belgium is mainly exporting the following categories of items to CHINA :
- Chemicals and pharmaceuticals (39,35% of total exports to China),
- Precious metals, diamonds, jewelry and precious stones (18,78 %),
- Machinery and mechanical appliances, electrical equipment (15,68 %)
- Plastics and articles thereof ,rubber and articles thereof (5,46%).
On the opposite way, China is mostly selling the following categories of products to Belgium:
- Machinery and mechanical appliances, electrical equipment (20,39 % of all exports of CHINA to Belgium),
- Miscellaneous manufactured material (furniture, lights and lighting fittings, toys, games and sport articles (13,99 %),
- Textile and textile articles (13,94%),
- Footwear (8,01 %)
- Chemicals and pharmaceuticals (7,19 %).
Belgium is the 6th biggest investor in China among the European Union states. The total of Belgian investments in Shanghai is appraised to a 322,141,200 USD and to a 185,620,000 USD in JIANGSU.